There are many opportunities to give back at the Christians United Outreach Center. You can donate your money, time, or expertise. Whatever you feel led to do.
Monetary & Food Donations
We accept fresh and commercially frozen produce, any shelf stable food items, hygiene items, cleaning items, and paper products including diapers. Any type of food your family consumes, we can use. We can also accept commercially packaged meat, which are frozen and distributed in a frozen state.
In addition to monetary donations, other items you can donate include:
- Clean, slight worn / new clothing
- Gently used furniture
- Plastic bags
- Household items in good condition
- Appliances in working order
Donations can be made at 930 S Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, NC 27203
- Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Friday: 9 AM – 2 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM – 4 PM
The Center relies on the talents and abilities of more than 300 volunteers. Volunteer for an hour, one time, or every week – the choice is yours! Volunteer opportunities exist at CUOC’s main location as well during special events and remote food distribution.
We’re blessed to have volunteers from all age groups, and we encourage school-age children to begin volunteer service through projects in the classroom or scouts. Children 15 and under can also volunteer through the Center, in the Thrift Store, or during special events with a parent or mentoring adult. Some activities may be age restricted for safety reasons. We encourage youth groups to get involved with fundraising activities as well as to assist on Saturdays with the Thrift Store.
Through the center, volunteers work as support staff and provide assistance in the following areas:
Support includes answering the telephone, filing client files, assisting clients with paperwork, and more. Hours vary based on where you choose to volunteer.
- Monday 9:00-12:30, 12:30-3:30
- Tuesday 9:00-12:30, 12:30-3:30
- Wednesday 9:00-12:30, 12:30-3:30
- Thursday 12:00-2:00, 2:00-5:00
- Monday 9:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00
- Tuesday 9:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00
- Wednesday 9:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00
- Thursday 12:00-6:00
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Pantry: Sort and put away food donations, assist clients with their food orders, pack TEFAP boxes, and more.
- Monday: 9:00 – 1:00, 12:30 – 4:30
- Tuesday: 9:00 – 1:00, 12:30 – 4:30
- Wednesday: 9:00 – 1:00, 12:30 – 4:30
- Thursday: 11:30 – 2:30, 2:00 – 6:00
- Packing Food Boxes: Youth groups can help with this.
- Food Pickup
- Remote Food Distributions
- Prayer Team: Wednesday afternoons we invite you to pray with and for the clients, CUOC, the community, government leaders, and more.
- Bookkeeping and Reporting
- Thrift Store Warehouse: Help us sort, fold, hang, and straighten items. Warehouse volunteers can be scheduled during any hours the warehouse is operating.
- Thrift Store Clerk: Thrift Store volunteer hours can be flexible any time they are open. Take money, help locate items for shoppers, bag purchases, straighten racks, and more.
- Thrift Store Sorting: Thrift Store volunteer hours can be flexible any time they are open.
- Special Events
- Service Committees
- Board of Directors
- Special Construction: We need help cleaning or upgrading projects.
- Data Entry
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Including handyman projects. Professional services welcome! Building, repair work, dental, etc. needed.
- Food Drives